Guidance for Choosing the Best Alcohol Detox Center
When you or someone you love needs help, finding the right detox center is crucial—and we understand how overwhelming that can feel.
On top of worries about the recovery process and what to expect, there have been reported cases of deceptive marketing and unethical practices by drug “rehab providers,” in which several businesses have taken advantage of people in their most vulnerable moments.
That’s why knowing what to look for when choosing a detox center is more important than ever.
Guidance for Choosing the Best Alcohol Detox Center
Choosing a detox center that meets your unique needs is the first step in your recovery journey. Here’s how to be sure you’re choosing one that’s right for you:
Confirm your detox center has the proper accreditations and certifications.
• All reputable detox centers are accredited by The Joint Commission or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF®).
• All reputable detox centers should also carry the LegitScript certification to advertise their services on Google and Facebook.
Ensure the clinical staff has the proper credentials and licenses.
Specific credentials held by addiction treatment professionals may include the following:
• Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
• Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC)
• Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
• Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC)
• Certified Co-occurring Disorders Counselor (CCDP)
Get detailed information about their multidisciplinary care team.
All detox centers should have a multidisciplinary care team who, collectively, are equipped to manage all aspects of addiction (e.g., mind, body, and spirit).
These individuals should not wear multiple hats and should work closely to create a personalized treatment plan for you. These types of professionals include:
• Board-Certified Physicians
• Nurse Practitioners
• Registered Nurses
• Recovery Advocates
• Alumni and Continuing Care Coordinators
Learn about their programs and practices.
When choosing a detox center, be sure it relies on evidence-based treatment models and science-based research.
OUR INDIVIDUALIZED APPROACH INCLUDES:
- Medical, mental health, and whole-person assessment
- Case management and treatment planning
- Individual supportive counseling
- Supportive counseling groups
- 24/7 medical supervision
- Nutritious meals
- Medication management
- Continuing care planning
- Recovery support
Benefits of Choosing Restored Path Detox
Restored Path Detox and its clinical staff are properly accredited, licensed, credentialed, and equipped to help men and women safely manage withdrawal symptoms from several high-risk substances, including:
• Prescription opioids
• And more
Our amenities include:At Restored Path Detox, you’ll experience an optimal environment for physical, mental, and emotional healing—without outside distractions and unmet needs, including the following:
- Your choice of a spacious private or semi-private room
- Executive wing with private rooms
- Comfortable beds with premium linens
- Kitchenette area stocked with snacks
- Gourmet meals and kitchenette area stocked with snacks
- Massage and acupuncture (available upon request)
- Outdoor courtyard and garden area
- ADA-accessible private bathrooms with toiletries provided
- Streaming services and cable-access television
- Premium linens
- Wi-Fi and cell phone access for executive-level patients, as clinically appropriate
- Inviting, well-lit common spaces
• 24/7 medical monitoring
• Personalized care plans
• A safe, private, and comfortable environment for the onset of mental health and emotional changes associated with detox
• Diagnosis and treatment of underlying or co-occurring physical and mental health concerns
The Restored Path Detox clinical team has decades of experience helping people in and around the Dallas Metroplex overcome addiction and effectively manage co-occurring disorders.
Our board-certified physician, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses are supported by experienced clinical staff with specialized skills and expertise in caring for acute and chronic health concerns and providing supportive counseling for co-occurring disorders.
We also extend much-needed support services to our patient’s family members. We understand families are critical to recovery success and may often need help navigating the challenge of substance abuse and addiction.
Finding a convenient location is an important factor in choosing a detox center.
Restored Path Detox is Dallas-Fort Worth’s premier location for sophisticated medical detox. Conveniently located in Frisco, our facility provides a safe sanctuary for healing and state-of-the-art detoxification for a wide range of high-risk substances.
We are near major highways, making our location easily accessible to people in McKinney, Allen, Plano, North Dallas, Preston Hollow, Lakewood, University Park, Highland Park, Dallas, Southlake, and Fort Worth.
Restored Path’s board-certified medical professionals, highly qualified RNs, and skilled clinical staff have extensive critical care experience and are available to monitor your detox program 24 hours a day, seven days a week.